- SUSS C4.09
- 26 September 2019 To 26 September 2019
- Thursday, 7:00PM to 9:00PM
This Alumni D.N.A. is a collaborative effort between the School of Law and the Alumni Relations to provide a platform for alumni to Discuss industry hot topics, Network with like-minded individuals and Acquire professional skills/knowledge.
This talk takes a practical look at wills as a tool for succession planning. What happens when a person dies without a will? The speaker will discuss this and in the process, expose some of the ‘gaps’ in intestacy laws. The talk will explore key considerations in making a will and address common concerns such as whether owners of jointly owned property need to do a will.
Using case scenarios, the speaker seeks to dispel the common myth of ‘standard wills’ and demonstrate how wills can be applied to accomplish creative solutions for property distribution, care of young children, trusts and specific gifts for loved ones.
The talk will conclude with a Q&A session.
6:45 p.m..: Registration
7:30 p.m.: What happens when a person dies without a will?
8:30 p.m.: Q&A
9:00 p.m.: End
About the speaker:
Alli Ruthirapathi is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Law, Singapore University of Social Sciences as well as a Consultant with the law firm of Sim Mong Teck & Partners. She is also a facilitator at the Singapore Institute of Legal Education, Part B Singapore Bar Course for Real Estate Practice.
Alli graduated from the University of London with an LLB (Hons) in 1991. She was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1992, and to the Singapore Bar in 1994. She holds a Graduate Diploma in Business Law from the National University of Singapore, and a Master of Laws (Merit) from the University of London in 2019.
Alli has more than two decades of experience in real estate conveyancing and probate practice. She enjoys the challenge of providing clients with client-centric and cost-effective solutions for their property portfolios. She also has a keen interest in crafting personalised wills.
Class of 2019
July 2018 batch: Registration via Alumni Portal
Jan 2019 batch: Registration via Student Portal
Terms and Conditions
- For event registration, please register via the alumni portal. Click here for the link.
- Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
- The event will be cancelled if minimum sign-up is not met.
- Alumnus must present their NRIC/photo ID on event day for verification purposes. Guests who are not accompanied by SUSS alumnus will not be allowed to join the event.
- Please be advised that filming and/or photography will be taking place at this event. If you do not wish to appear in any images, please let the organiser know so that we can take appropriate steps to ensure that you are not included. The photographs/film will be used by Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) for publicity purposes. They may also be included in SUSS publications or in SUSS promotional materials and may be published on the SUSS website and social media channels.
- SUSS reserves the rights to use/publish any photos taken at our events on corporate marketing materials or for publicity purposes.
- Our events are highly subsidised and we have limited capacity. Failure to turn up for an event will deprive a fellow alumnus from enjoying the benefit. We greatly appreciate your participation and thank you in advance for joining us.
- Once your registration is confirmed, no cancellation or refund would be allowed.
- Parking lots may be scarce on weekends. Attending an SUSS event does not guarantee you a parking lot.
- SUSS reserves the right to make changes to the event without prior notice.
- Complimentary or free gifts, if any, are on a while stocks last basis.
- All information is accurate at the time of publishing.