- Marina South Pier (Ferry Terminal)
- 21 March 2020 To 21 March 2020
- Saturday, 9:00AM to 1:00PM
In view of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019), all SUSS alumni events will be deferred till further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
A unique landfill coexisting with vibrant marine eco-system, mangroves, grassland and shoreline habitats, Semakau Landfill provides educational yet fun and exciting outings unrivaled in other parts of Singapore.
During the educational tour, visitors will be briefed on the solid waste management system in Singapore and the landfill operation. Thereafter, the visitors will board the buses for a landfill tour. During the tour, visitors will be introduced to the facilities of the landfill. Visitors will also alight at the Southern Tip of the landfill to take photos and enjoy the sea breeze. This is the most scenic part of the landfill.
- Minimum age requirement for visitors: 12 years old and accompanied by adults. Children between the age of 7 to 11 are allowed to visit the landfill as long as each child is accompanied and closely supervised by at least 1 adult (1 adult : 1 child).
- Please bring along their photo identification for verification purpose.
- If you are driving, please note that there are limited parking lots in the vicinity of the ferry terminal.
- Please set aside sufficient time to find a parking lot.
- Upon the application approval, please download and complete the attached Indemnity Form.
- Form A for visitors below 21 years old, and Indemnity
- Form B for visitors 21 years old and above.
- NEA reserves the right to reject visitors on the spot if they do not present a completed Indemnity Form.
- Please print Indemnity Form and hand it to the NEA Installation’s officer-in-charge on the day of your visit.
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable attire and covered shoes. Ladies are advised not to wear high heel shoes.
- One bento box will be provided only.
- Please bring your own bottled water as there is no F&B facilities at Pulau Semakau.
Alumnus S$17, Guest S$28 (Max one guest per alumnus)
** Cost includes one bento box and two-way ferry ride**
Venue: Marina South Pier, 31 Marina Coastal Dr, Singapore 018988 (Ferry pick-up point) Nearest MRT is Marina South Pier MRT.
Terms and Conditions
- For event registration, please register via the alumni portal. Click here for the link.
- Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
- The event will be cancelled if minimum sign-up is not met.
- Alumnus is required to present his/her alumni digital card/photo ID on event day for verification purpose. Guests who are not accompanied by SUSS alumnus will not be allowed to join the event. If you have yet to download your digital card, please click on this link.
- Please be advised that filming and/or photography will be taking place at this event. If you do not wish to appear in any images, please let the organiser know so that we can take appropriate steps to ensure that you are not included. The photographs/film will be used by Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) for publicity purposes. They may also be included in SUSS publications or in SUSS promotional materials and may be published on the SUSS website and social media channels.
- SUSS reserves the rights to use/publish any photos taken at our events on corporate marketing materials or for publicity purposes.
- Our events are highly subsidised and we have limited capacity. Failure to turn up for an event will deprive a fellow alumnus from enjoying the benefit. We greatly appreciate your participation and thank you in advance for joining us.
- Once your registration is confirmed, no cancellation or refund would be allowed.
- Parking lots may be scarce on weekends. Attending an SUSS event does not guarantee you a parking lot.
- SUSS reserves the right to make changes to the event without prior notice.
- Complimentary or free gifts, if any, are on a while stocks last basis.
- All information is accurate at the time of publishing.
- By registering our event, you would have given your consent to the above terms and conditions.