- SUSS C3.14
- 20 July 2019 To 20 July 2019
- Saturday, 9:00AM to 2:00PM
Instructor: Scrum Agile Methodology
Dr June Tay is the Head of Digital Media Programme at School of Science and Technology in Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS). Her current research areas are machine learning, computer vision and embedded systems. Prior to joining SUSS, June had taught ICT and Electronics courses for several university programmes in Singapore.
After her PhD, June joined British Telecommunications (BT) in the UK as a research scientist. During her career with BT, she had produced several publications, Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) RFC (Request For Comments) and 6 granted patents in the fields of computer networks and security.
Instructor: Games Prototyping
Dr Ivy Chia is the Head of Education Programme at SR Nathan School of Human Development in Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS). Her current research areas include experiential learning, project management and gamification in training. Prior to joining SUSS, Ivy was with the Ministry of Education of Singapore (Singapore), and worked on different projects, including collaborative ones across continents. She received her PhD training grants from Gates Cambridge.
This Alumni D.N.A. is a collaborative effort between the School of Science and Technology and the Alumni Relations to provide a platform for alumni to Discuss industry hot topics, Network with like-minded individuals and Acquire professional skills/knowledge.
The objective of workshop is to provide the participants with the knowledge and understanding of Scrum Methodology. Scrum is an agile framework used by the project team for managing product development, usually software development. Scrum adopts an iterative and incremental approach in development and makes it easy to respond to changing business’ needs.
The scrum processes have brought upon benefits to numerous organisations, and they include higher productivity, reduced time-to-market, higher quality products, increased stakeholder engagement and satisfaction. This workshop equips the participants with the knowledge of how scrum works and also the skills for the participants to work effectively in a Scrum team. Through playing LEGO bricks, the participants will learn about how Scrum works and how to apply Scrum in product and services development.
A brief introduction on game design and prototyping will be presented. The participants will be able to use Scrum in their game development. This workshop provides an opportunity for participants to make their own card games or board games, with an eventual target of promoting it on Kick starter.
9:00 am Registration & refreshments
9.30 am – 10.30 am Introduction to Scrum
10.30 am – 10.40 am Break
10.40 am – 12.00 pm Build a Lego City
12.00 pm – 12.30 pm Break & refreshments
12.30 pm – 2.00 pm Game Development & Prototyping
Terms and Conditions
- For event registration, please register via the alumni portal. Click here for the link.
- Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
- The event will be cancelled if minimum sign-up is not met.
- Alumnus must present their NRIC/photo ID on event day for verification purposes. Guests who are not accompanied by SUSS alumnus will not be allowed to join the event.
- Please be advised that filming and/or photography will be taking place at this event. If you do not wish to appear in any images, please let the organiser know so that we can take appropriate steps to ensure that you are not included. The photographs/film will be used by Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) for publicity purposes. They may also be included in SUSS publications or in SUSS promotional materials and may be published on the SUSS website and social media channels.
- SUSS reserves the rights to use/publish any photos taken at our events on corporate marketing materials or for publicity purposes.
- Our events are highly subsidised and we have limited capacity. Failure to turn up for an event will deprive a fellow alumnus from enjoying the benefit. We greatly appreciate your participation and thank you in advance for joining us.
- Once your registration is confirmed, no cancellation or refund would be allowed.
- Parking lots may be scarce on weekends. Attending an SUSS event does not guarantee you a parking lot.
- SUSS reserves the right to make changes to the event without prior notice.
- Complimentary or free gifts, if any, are on a while stocks last basis.
- All information is accurate at the time of publishing.