- SUSS C4.09
- 07 September 2019 To 07 September 2019
- Saturday, 10:00AM to 12:30PM
This Alumni D.N.A. is a collaborative effort between the S R Nathan School of Human Development and the Alumni Relations to provide a platform for alumni to Discuss industry hot topics, Network with like-minded individuals and Acquire professional skills/knowledge.
9:45 a.m.: Registration
10:15 a.m.: Introduction
10:30 a.m.: Film Screening: Voices of Children
11:00 a.m.: Reflections/ Discussion
11:45 a.m.: Refreshments
12:30 p.m.: End
What would it look like to document children sharing their views, ideas, and experiences regarding their rights? Could we create a more inclusive and complex conception of human rights through listening to and observing young children in diverse contexts around the globe? Learn about all these and more through the Voices of Children, a short documentary film. Session will be facilitated by Executive Producer, Vashima Goyal.
About the film: Voices of Children
An international group of educators, social scientists, and filmmakers journeyed around the globe to create Voices of Children. The 24-minute film, a collaborative effort of over five years, documents the words and actions of young children in four languages in eight diverse sites in Brazil, India, Kenya, Singapore, and the United States. The documentary expands on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child by advocating for a more inclusive and participatory view of children’s rights from the perspective of the children themselves. The film is notable for the absence of adult talking heads explaining how we should respond or what we should think about what the children share. Of course, our film barely touches on the extraordinary diversity of children and contexts in a particular country and in the world and we recognize our many omissions.
About the Vashima Goyal (Executive Producer, Voices of Children)
Class of 2019
July 2018 batch: Registration via Alumni Portal
Jan 2019 batch: Registration via Student Portal
Terms and Conditions
- For event registration, please register via the alumni portal. Click here for the link.
- Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
- The event will be cancelled if minimum sign-up is not met.
- Alumnus must present their NRIC/photo ID on event day for verification purposes. Guests who are not accompanied by SUSS alumnus will not be allowed to join the event.
- Please be advised that filming and/or photography will be taking place at this event. If you do not wish to appear in any images, please let the organiser know so that we can take appropriate steps to ensure that you are not included. The photographs/film will be used by Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) for publicity purposes. They may also be included in SUSS publications or in SUSS promotional materials and may be published on the SUSS website and social media channels.
- SUSS reserves the rights to use/publish any photos taken at our events on corporate marketing materials or for publicity purposes.
- Our events are highly subsidised and we have limited capacity. Failure to turn up for an event will deprive a fellow alumnus from enjoying the benefit. We greatly appreciate your participation and thank you in advance for joining us.
- Once your registration is confirmed, no cancellation or refund would be allowed.
- Parking lots may be scarce on weekends. Attending an SUSS event does not guarantee you a parking lot.
- SUSS reserves the right to make changes to the event without prior notice.
- Complimentary or free gifts, if any, are on a while stocks last basis.
- All information is accurate at the time of publishing.