- SUSS C4.11
- 24 August 2019 To 24 August 2019
- Saturday, 11:00AM to 1:00PM
Dr Jimmy Wong
Prior to his academic career, Dr. Wong worked for various corporations across a wide range of industries including FMCG, electronics, and pharmaceutical. His expertise in the area of sales and marketing management was developed during his employment at MNCs such as Unilever and Johnson & Johnson. To enhance his skills, he pursued an MBA program at Nanyang Business School (NTU) in Singapore followed by a PhD in Consumer Research at the University of Illinois (USA). Since then, Dr. Wong had lectured in different universities across the USA, Australia, and Singapore, and his research was published in various business journals including Journal of Services Research and the European Journal of Marketing. Now, lecturing in SUSS, he continues to participate in part-time consulting projects with local enterprises and adopts an industry-led teaching approach in his classes.
Dr Darrel Chong
Director of Global Account Management, APAC Retail of APL Logistics, a global supply chain solution service provider with USD1.7 billion revenue and presence in more than 60 countries. Darrel leads teams of 10 key account managers based in Singapore and India, ensuring continuous innovation and smooth supply chain operation of global retailers across Asia Pacific. Darrel has more than 10 years of industry experience in the supply chain sector across multiple functional areas covering country management, origin & hub operations, key account management, product development, business development, sales process management, marketing, and merger & acquisition. He is a Certified Product Manager by AIPMM, and Certified in Free Trade Agreement competency. He holds a PhD from the National University of Singapore and Eindhoven University of Technology, and a Bachelors in Engineering from the National University of Singapore.
Mr. Francis Kwa
Senior General Manager of Yusen Logistics. Yusen Logistics is a global supply chain logistics company providing logistics services in 44 countries and regions with more than 550 distribution centres. Yusen Logistics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NKY). Heading both the Information Technology and Contract Logistics divisions, he leads the transformation of traditional logistics processes into digital data driven processes to provide effective and efficient high mix high volume distribution centre operations and velocity driven e-commerce transactions. With 25 years of experience in information technology development as well as sales and operation management, Francis Kwa helps multi-national companies to design global fulfilment processes and optimize their logistics processes with proven ready-made technology and upskill their staff to work in a human-machine eco-system. He holds a Master of Business Administration (Finance) and Bachelor of Science in Information Management.
This Alumni D.N.A. is a collaborative effort between the School of Business and the Alumni Relations to provide a platform for alumni to Discuss industry hot topics, Network with like-minded individuals and Acquire professional skills/knowledge.
Title: The Benefits of Developing a Social Media Ecosystem for Businesses
Description: Is your company still afraid to invest in social media marketing and feel lost navigating the myriad of social media platforms available? Developing an understanding of the social media ecosystem can help you overcome these concerns and has the potential to enhance your marketing effectiveness. Come to our sharing session to understand:
- What are the components of a typical social media ecosystem?
- Which components are necessary for you?
- What is the fastest way to kick start this ecosystem?
- What pitfalls to avoid while investing in such a system?
Make the best use of your marketing dollars by developing a network of social media platforms that work for you.
E-Commerce Evolution – The Supply Chain Management Perspective
Synopsis: E-commerce continues to evolve at a very remarkable pace in today’s digital economy. Buying habits of B2B and B2C transactions are going digital and the whole retail experience is changing. Online shoppers are increasingly making their purchases from an overseas retailer. Your teenage kids are likely to review products online at home using their mobile devices and make their purchases through online marketplaces such as Amazon, Taobao, Lazada, Qoo10 or Carousell. And their parents are catching up!! This seminar looks at the e-commerce trends and its implications for supply chain management (SCM). We look at how the SCM industry are adapting to the challenges of E-commerce.
10:50 a.m.: Registration
11:00 a.m.: The Benefits of Developing a Social Media Ecosystem for Businesses
11:50 a.m.: Break
12:00 p.m.: E-Commerce Evolution – The Supply Chain Management Perspective
1:00 p.m.: Refreshments
2:00 p.m.: End
Class of 2019
July 2018 batch: Registration via Alumni Portal
Jan 2019 batch: Registration via Student Portal
Terms and Conditions
- For event registration, please register via the alumni portal. Click here for the link.
- Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
- The event will be cancelled if minimum sign-up is not met.
- Alumnus must present their NRIC/photo ID on event day for verification purposes. Guests who are not accompanied by SUSS alumnus will not be allowed to join the event.
- Please be advised that filming and/or photography will be taking place at this event. If you do not wish to appear in any images, please let the organiser know so that we can take appropriate steps to ensure that you are not included. The photographs/film will be used by Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) for publicity purposes. They may also be included in SUSS publications or in SUSS promotional materials and may be published on the SUSS website and social media channels.
- SUSS reserves the rights to use/publish any photos taken at our events on corporate marketing materials or for publicity purposes.
- Our events are highly subsidised and we have limited capacity. Failure to turn up for an event will deprive a fellow alumnus from enjoying the benefit. We greatly appreciate your participation and thank you in advance for joining us.
- Once your registration is confirmed, no cancellation or refund would be allowed.
- Parking lots may be scarce on weekends. Attending an SUSS event does not guarantee you a parking lot.
- SUSS reserves the right to make changes to the event without prior notice.
- Complimentary or free gifts, if any, are on a while stocks last basis.
- All information is accurate at the time of publishing.